The Master of Science in Marketing Communications Leadership was developed by leaders within the local marketing and advertising industry. The program focuses on five foundations: media, digital marketing, persuasion, analytics, and leadership. Marketing courses are designed and taught by industry professionals, with leadership embedded throughout. Media and digital marketing with its turbulence and complexity, is the heart of the program.
The Marketing Communications Leadership program is designed for recently graduated students, determined to improve marketing skills, and adult learners who are seeking leadership positions in advertising agencies, corporate marketing departments, and communications positions within other profit and non-profit institutions, as well as for those who want to update skills and have greater career mobility.
Cohort Instructional Model
The program begins each fall with a new cohort and lasts for 20 months. Each course includes 30 hours of in-class instruction and 15 hours of online instruction. There are two courses per semester spread over four weekends delivered one weekend per month.
Students take all courses together following the same sequence throughout the program. The cohort model enables collaboration with other cohort members and reinforces leadership experiential learning within a team environment.
Bryan D. Adams, M.A.
1. Complete On-Line Application
2. Completion of the professional statement as described in the application
3. Official transcripts from all colleges attended
• Applicants must have completed, or will be completing, a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative index of 3.0 and “B” average in the major field by the start date of the desired fall start term.
• Applicants who do not meet these grade point average expectations must address them in their professional statement; please see the Professional Statement section of the admissions application for further information.
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Interview with the program director
Fall term only:
Rolling admission leading up to the desired fall start term
Student Learning Outcomes
- generate a marketing strategy based on research and analysis;
- plan a marketing campaign including objectives and assessment;
- demonstrates the skills to develop and lead a marketing team;
- generate a persuasive presentation on a product or service.