The Bachelor of Science program in Sports and Entertainment Management provides students with an education that will allow them to transform their interest in the sports and entertainment field into a rewarding career and life’s work. Our objective is also to provide students the opportunity to acquire a multitude of skills that would be applicable and transferable to many diverse career paths.
The Sports and Entertainment Management major focuses on the business of Sports and Entertainment, including an in depth analysis of such area as Marketing, Data Analysis, Finance, Fundraising, Accounting, Professional Communications, Teamwork & Collaboration, Project Management, Legal Issues, and Macroeconomic trends as they specifically relate to each student’s specific area of interest. Thus, students in this major do not have to be practicing athletes, musicians, dancers, artists or entertainers.
Student Learning Outcomes
The specific learning outcomes of the Sports and Entertainment Management major directly relate to the student-centered objectives of the program and include:
- Analyze, integrate and utilize principles and information from appropriate disciplines to create opportunities and develop solutions in the creative environment of sports and entertainment organizations.
- Develop and apply a high level of professional interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills across physical and virtual platforms to excel in sports and entertainment organizations.
- Develop personal and collaborative competencies needed to excel as a team member, manager and leader in sports and entertainment organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate and utilize data-driven evidence for analysis and creative decision making in the context of sports and entertainment organizations.
- Develop the ability to identify and understand the influence of local, regional and global external forces on the sports and entertainment field.