Dean (Interim): Rose Hair, Ph.D.
Our mission is to help students develop the competence and confidence to achieve their personal and professional goals. This is accomplished through dedicated faculty and learner-centered programs. We believe the achievement of the mission will produce an independent thinker and an informed decision-maker who contributes sustainable value for organizations, society, and themselves.
The School of Business and Leadership (SBL) offers undergraduate majors in accounting, business, artificial intelligence and innovation, business leadership, digital marketing strategy, finance, marketing, and sports and entertainment management. In addition to the major programs, students may pursue minors in accounting, business, artificial intelligence, and innovation, business leadership, digital marketing, economics, finance, marketing, and sports and entertainment management. Students pursue internships in a field consistent with their academic and professional interests. Students complete an internship to earn academic credit while gaining valuable work experience with a local organization. Non-SBL majors may minor in business leadership.
The School of Business and Leadership holds membership in the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
School of Business & Leadership Faculty
Dean (Interim): Rose Hair, Ph.D. Professors: Beiter, M.B.A., C.P.A., M.S., Leigh, Ph.D., Stein, J.D., and Zappia, M.B.A, M.S.; Associate Professors: Hair, Ph.D., Hill, Ph.D., and Weber, M.B.A.; Assistant Professors: Adams, M.A. and Porter, D.P.S.
School of Business & Leadership Degree Programs
- ACCOUNTING - the goal of the accounting major is for students to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to succeed as active members of the profession.
- ACCOUNTING & FINANCE - the program is designed for students planning to pursue licensure as a Certified Public Accountant after graduation. The program is registered with the New York State Education Department meeting the education requirements of the state of New York for CPA licensure. For more information on experience and exam requirements for licensure as a certified public accountant, see New York State Board for Accountancy at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/cpa/.
- BUSINESS, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, AND INNOVATION - students will learn how to lead a business or organization by identifying machine learning opportunities, resolving ethical issues, developing successful business cases, implementing artificial intelligence projects, and preparing an organization for change.
- BUSINESS LEADERSHIP - the curriculum provides students with a foundation in business knowledge and concentrates on teamwork and leadership concepts as well as other skills needed to prepare students for helping people and organizations change. Business leadership majors have the option to pursue a minor within SBL in any of the following areas: accounting, business artificial intelligence and innovation, digital marketing, economics, finance, marketing and sports and entertainment management.
- DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY - this major fuses multidisciplinary curriculum with technology. The program will give students basic knowledge in digital marketing strategy and practical skills for the job marketplace. Students will receive professional certifications in advertising, paid media, content strategy, and analytics throughout the program.
- FINANCE - students will develop skills necessary for the pursuit of a meaningful career in finance.
- MARKETING - completion of the marketing major provides students with the knowledge and skills to gain access to entry-level positions in general marketing, customer support, digital marketing, marketing communications, marketing research, and sales.
- SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT MANAGEMENT - the goal of this major is to provide students with an education that will allow them to transform their interest in the sports and entertainment field into a rewarding career and life’s work.
School of Business & Leadership Degree Minors
Minors (link posted below) are designed to complement School of Business and Leadership majors. Some limitations apply: students who are Marketing majors are not eligible to add the Digital Marketing minor and students who are Digital Marketing Strategy majors are not eligible to add the Digital Marketing minor.